welcome to my little part of cyberspace
*** you will learn about ways to shop cheaply
****** see decor made from recycled objects and materials
********* occasionally read poetry i've written
************ and laugh at things that happen in the course of life

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Go-To Place for Finding Good Stuff

When I found my favorite place online for good stuff, I was like a kid in a candy store. Where was this place, you ask? Freecycle!

Not only have I found things that I wanted, but I've given away a bunch of good useful stuff I no longer needed. And to tell the truth, I really get happy when I've done a bunch of decluttering. I still have a ways to go.

Some Treasures I've Received:
  • Dining table and 6 chairs
  • Loveseat
  • Armchair
  • Cute antique chair
  • Small bench
  • Mission style mirror
  • Large storage ottoman
  • Large painting
  • Rubbermaid potting cart
Some Things I've Re-Homed:
  • Sofa I purchased for $5.00 in 1993
  • Purple velvet sofa slipcover
  • Chair slipcovers
  • Retro comfy armchair
  • Lots of queen size bedding
  • Wooden rocker
  • Lots of clothing
  • Half of my doll collection
  • A pile of unused kitchen paraphernalia
  Of course, I don't get everything I want...and that's the point of Freecycle. It's not about getting, it's about keeping useful stuff out of the landfill. And I love that I don't feel guilty about what I do toss in the dumpster.

No comments: