welcome to my little part of cyberspace
*** you will learn about ways to shop cheaply
****** see decor made from recycled objects and materials
********* occasionally read poetry i've written
************ and laugh at things that happen in the course of life

Monday, August 9, 2010

Want Cheap Art?

Have you ever gone to art fairs and wished you could buy an original from an artist whose work you really love? I sure have...but the prices were way over my budget.

My solution? Check to see if the artist is selling notecards. Most of the artists that I love usually have a rack of them with really great prices.






These examples are prints of watercolors by a favorite artist of mine -- Mary Gibbs -- who lives nearby and always exhibits at the Bellevue Arts Fair.

I picked up these beauties a few years back for about $12.00 which is arguably less expensive than buying all eight of these prints in the smallest matted form she was selling. I love the clip style frames which really lend themselves to my art display style. I chose  four floral prints and four architectural prints. I also made sure to choose four landscape layout and four which were portrait style. A piece of black poster board cut to the size of the frame -- VoilĂ ! -- cool art for my hallway area.

Total cost for this project: ~$20.00

How it looks on my wall: Priceless

No comments: